The Beck Center for the Arts is one of the area’s largest cultural and performing arts organizations and the only institution of its kind on Cleveland’s Westside. Each year we provide professional theater performances and high-quality arts education for tens of thousands of patrons in Northeast Ohio.
We are currently seeking art submissions to be considered for exhibition during our 2007-2008 theater season which runs from September though August. Exhibits are needed for the Jean Bulicek Galleria in the Beck Center’s Main lobby, the Galleria located in the waiting area of the center’s Music Armory Building, and for other possible exhibit areas. Exhibits typically last for four to six weeks, and are promoted to the community through press releases, website posting, newsletters, postcards, and other means of communication.
Rules for exhibiting at Beck Center:
1) We accept all media that can be publicly displayed
2) Artists are responsible for installing and dismantling their exhibits
3) All works must be properly matted, framed, and include appropriate hanging apparatus
4) All works must be of appropriate subject matter as this is a center frequented by families. We have the right to not accept inappropriate artwork. No nudes as subject matter are accepted for exhibit.
5) Exhibited works may be offered for sale. The Beck Center collects 20% commission on works sold in its galleries, and all works must remain on display until the close of the exhibit.
How to enter:
Please send your submissions to:
The Beck Center for the Arts
Attn: John Coyne – Gallery
17801 Detroit Ave
Lakewood, OH 44107
Submissions should include the following:
- 5 – 10 images of your work. Digital files are preferred, either by disc or by electronic transfer. Slides are also acceptable. (no nudes as subject matter, please)
- An artist statement
- A bio sheet or resume which details your exhibit history
Submission deadline is June 1, 2007
Note: there is no fee for submitting your work. Images submitted for exhibit will not be returned to the artist, but will be treated as proprietary and confidential.
A panel of artists, instructors, and administrators will review submissions and build a gallery schedule for the entire season. Artists will be notified of Beck Center’s intent to exhibit their work by August 1, 2007
Thank you for you interest in our exhibit opportunities. We look forward to receiving your submissions! Please feel free to contact with any questions: Email: email@example.com. Phone: 216-521-2540 ext 236.
Filed under: Miscellaneous Information and News |