Put yourself out of your “Missouri” with this necklace by Evermore. (Hope you could use a laugh….I couldn’t resist posting it. It was too cute!) For only $12.00, it a reasonable price for a little laugh
I found the following on the Cleveland Botanical Gardens web-site:
Register for the 2008 Sustainability Symposium online now or by calling (216) 707-2816.
Join us for Cleveland Botanical Garden’s third annual Sustainability Symposium in partnership with the Nature Center at Shaker Lakes
- Gain valuable insights from a full day of programs about Lake Erie and its implications for gardeners
- Take part in an original, information-packed symposium for home gardeners, professional landscapers, and anyone concerned about our impact on the environment
- Hear how gardening practices have an impact on Lake Erie – both to its benefit and detriment
- Learn to be a better steward of the land
- Discover how to incorporate best environmental practices into your personal or business garden and landscaping activities.
If you ask me, it sounds like a fabulously good time, as well as informative. I tend to love finding any excuse to visit the Botanical Gardens. What better excuse, than to go learn about how to better co-exist with the environment around you. The Symposium is $90 for members and $99 for non-members, and the web-site also says that lunch and parking are included.
If you think the cost may be a bit too steep, or just don’t consider yourself enough of an avid gardener don’t forget that Orchid Mania is going on from February 9-March 9. Our friends got married during the Orchid festival one year and it was absolutely gorgeous! The Orchids are the perfect way to escape the Winter!